Sophie Heath Women’s Fitness & Nutrition: Terms and Conditions
These terms and conditions will apply to anyone booking any services or making any orders via the website or directly with Sophie Heath via email or by phone. They explain what you can expect from us and what we can expect from you.
These Terms and Conditions set out the whole agreement between you and us for the supply of goods and / or services and constitute an agreement between you and us. Please ensure that you read and understand these Terms and Conditions because you will be legally bound by them.
“Sophie Heath” “us” “we” and “our” means Sophie Heath Women’s Fitness and Nutrition
TERMS AND CONDITIONS ARE SET OUT BELOW FOR EACH SERVICE PROVIDED: PLEASE SEE THE SECTION RELEVANT TO YOUR BOOKING:
- Yummy Mummies fitness classes
1.1. COVID-19 GUIDELINES FOR PARTICIPANTS - PLEASE READ:
- YUMMY MUMMIES CLASSES
- Please bring your own antibacterial gel and clean your hands prior to class commencing, during class where appropriate and after class.
- Participants are asked to bring to class their own exercise mat (or something to lie on). If you have a long resistance band and small loop resistance band please bring them too - I do have some to use if people need.
- Participants should follow all government guidelines in terms of social distancing and contact with others prior to and after class
- It is recommended that you arrive to class 5 minutes before the start time to ensure time to set up and be ready for the warm up to commence, however please avoid arriving much before this to ensure gatherings do not happen and classes do not cross over
- Markings will be provided to show you where to place your mats to ensure social distancing. This will be your area for the session and we kindly ask that you and your child/children are careful to stay within this space and mindful of social distancing with those around you.
- If we are to do any exercises on the move, we ask that all children are placed into their buggies and social distancing guidelines are maintained while on the move – with both fellow class members and any public we may come across.
- We ask that you kindly take home any rubbish after class and ensure your area is how you found it when you arrived.
- It is important that you follow all current NHS and PHE guidelines on self-isolation if you or any member of your household have shown any symptoms of COVID-19 and that you self-isolate accordingly and do not attend our classes during this time – please see the NHS website for up-to-date guidelines and current symptoms that require action.
- In addition, any participants who have been asked to isolate by NHS Test and Trace because they are a contact of a known COVID-19 case, must not exercise outside their home or garden and must not exercise with others.
- In the event you are unable to attend a session for reasons related to COVID-19 no refunds will be given and we are unable to offer swapping of classes due to keeping groups consistent.
- In the event of lockdown or a similar COVID-19 event preventing face to face sessions going ahead the sessions will either be offered virtually, rescheduled for a later date or the balance will be credited to your account. This will be decided by us at the time.
- We encourage all participants to report any infection of their household to the Test and Trace system following participation to limit the spread of the virus.
- No participant should return to the class for at least 10 days from the onset of symptoms and they must be at least 7 days with no symptoms. Participants are also required to get medical clearance before commencing exercise again.
- Track and Trace: we reserve the right to pass on your personal details to the track and trace system when necessary and we will inform you as soon as possible if we are contacted by track and trace if you are required to take action.
- Participants deemed ‘clinically extremely vulnerable’ should continue to follow government advice
- Your booking is unique to you and you cannot transfer it to another person.
- Please ensure you fill out the online booking details correctly.
- Payment will be taken via card at the time of booking through our online booking system.
- You will be informed when making a booking of the dates that your Yummy Mummies classes are running each term.
- If you would like to join a class midway through a term, please contact us to discuss your options.
- If you purchase our PAYG credits / class pass you must then book into your chosen class. Please book at least 12h prior to the class start time.
- Any PAYG credit / class passes purchased expire after 30 days.
- Once you have completed registration it indicates you have read and agreed to the terms and conditions set out within this document.
- If you place a booking and do not receive confirmation of successful completion within 2 hours of placing your booking, please let us know. Please check your spam folder for this.
1.4 CLASS TIMES AND LOCATION
- For Yummy Mummies “Mum & Baby” class you must be at least 6 weeks post birth, 10 weeks post c-section, and must be signed off by the GP to commence exercise after your 6–8-week check.
- For Yummy Mummies “Mum Time” class you must be at least 6 months post natal, fully recovered with no pelvic floor dysfunction and no diastasis due to the nature of the class.
- You must fill out a pre-screening form prior to participation to ensure you are safe to exercise.
- You must wear appropriate clothing and footwear for physical activity (please consider the weather conditions). Clothes should be non-restrictive, and footwear should be comfortable and provide adequate support.
- Please bring water to class and anything else necessary e.g. sun cream on sunny days
- You must be over the age of 16 to take part in Yummy Mummies classes.
- Class times and location are subject to change, but this will be communicated on announcement of a new term
- We reserve the right to amend class times and format should the minimum class participant number (3 participants) not be reached. In this case participants will be contacted and given the choice to have a refund or accept the new class time. The daytime classes may be merged in this circumstance.
- Term dates and breaks between terms will be variable in length and will be announced when booking becomes open for the next term.
1.6 BAD WEATHER
- If you are late to a session your participation may be refused if you have missed the warmup.
- It is recommended you arrive to class 5 minutes prior to the start time to get set up and be ready for the warmup to commence.
1.7 CANCELLATIONS AND REFUNDS
- We will always endeavour to run classes in all weather conditions and adapt sessions accordingly, however in the case of very heavy rainfall or extreme weather conditions classes may be held over zoom. If this is the case, you will be contacted at least two hours prior to the start time.
- Zoom system requirements can be found here https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/201362023-System-Requirements-for-PC-Mac-and-Linux?mobile_site=true
- You should not record these sessions
- In the event of streaming disruption a pre-recorded class will be offered, or a refund will be given – this decision will be made by us at the time of the event.
1.8 HEALTH AND SAFETY
- All packages are non-refundable and non-transferrable. We are under no obligation to refund or transfer your money if you are unable to attend one or more classes in the term – including the reasons of holidays and sickness. Bookings cannot be cancelled once payment for the term has been processed. We will endeavour to offer an alternative for a missed class however we regret that we are not always able to do so.
- Classes booked using our PAYG credit / class passes are non-refundable if cancelled within 24h of the class start time. If cancelled with more than 24h until the class start time then credits will be re-applied to your account to be used within the expiry timeframe. Should a full refund of credits be required, please contact us via email at email@example.com.
- We have the right to cancel classes without refund in exceptional circumstances beyond our control (including but not limited to fire, flood, vehicle breakdown, serious illness, treacherous snow etc). Wherever possible we will either run a virtual class or arrange a catch-up class at an alternative time, however, this is not guaranteed.
- In the event of lockdown or a similar COVID-19 event preventing face to face sessions going ahead then the sessions will either be offered virtually, rescheduled for a later date or the balance will be credited to your account. This will be decided by us at the time.
1.9 BABIES AND TODDLERS
- The instructor is responsible for ensuring any equipment provided is in good working order and ensuring a safe exercise environment.
- You must not put the health, safety or wellbeing of other attendees, your instructor or any member of the public at risk.
1.10 TRAINER OBLIGATIONS
- Babies and toddlers are always welcome along to our daytime Mum & Baby classes; however they are not allowed to take part in any form of the exercise.
- If your child is present with you during a session, you are fully responsible for their health and safety.
- Babies and toddlers must remain in a pram / buggy or in your own exercise area. If they need to be attended to, you must stop exercising and attend to them. They must not be held or attended to whilst you are exercising as this may lead to injury.
- Parents are asked to keep their children at home if they have a serious infection and to inform us as to the nature of the infection so that other parents can be alerted.
- I understand that on occasions it may be necessary for my instructor to handle my child and I give full consent to this.
1.11 RESPONSIBIITIES OF THE CLIENT
- Your instructor is a fully qualified fitness instructor and personal trainer and is an advanced post-natal wellness practitioner.
- The instructor will use their skills and knowledge to design an appropriate exercise class for class participants.
1.12 CLASS RULES
- Please disclose to your instructor if you should not take part in physical activity (due to reasons such as, but not limited to, pregnancy or birth, ill-health or injuries). Your trainer cannot be held liable in any way for any undeclared or unknown conditions.
- You agree to complete your online registration form and your pre-screening form with accurate information.
- Wherever possible alternative exercise options will be given to account for common issues a post-natal participant may have, however, all individual participants are responsible for ensuring they only take part in exercises that are safe and appropriate for them to do without causing any discomfort or pain. Please speak to your instructor if you feel any discomfort or pain, and / or need any alternatives.
- You understand that there are inherent risks in participating in a physical activity class.
- If you have an accident or injure yourself at one of our classes, you must report this to the instructor straight away. If you sustain or claim to sustain an injury whilst participating in class, you acknowledge that the trainer is in no way responsible, except where the injury was caused by their gross negligence or an intentional act.
- Should you experience unusual feelings or symptoms during the sessions please report it to your instructor straight away.
- Please keep all possessions safe during classes. We will not take responsibility if valuables are damaged, lost or stolen.
- Your participation is voluntary, and you can change your mind or stop the session at any stage.
- You understand that the results of any fitness class cannot be guaranteed. Your progress depends on your effort and commitment in and outside of class.
1.13 PHOTO PERMISSIONS
- You must not behave in a violent, rude or threatening way or in a manner which distresses or causes discomfort to other class members or instructors.
- We may refuse admission to or ask you to leave the relevant class if your instructor reasonably believes that you have broken any section of the above statement. No refund will be given if you are asked to leave a class in such circumstances.
1.14 INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY
- We allow photos to be taken by participants during sessions but only of yourself and your own child if they are attending - we ask for the respect of other participant’s wishes and that they, or any child attending with them, are not photographed nor placed on media sites.
- We reserve the right to take photographs or film of our classes, which may include you and your children, and to use this content for marketing, press and promotional purposes.
1.15 ONLINE ACCOUNT
- Any marketing, educational or other materials made available to you will at all times remain the property of the instructor and is subject to copyright.
- You undertake to use such materials only for your own personal, non-commercial, use and not to copy, republish, reproduce, or share any such materials.
- You also agree not to adapt, alter or create a derivative work from any of our content except for your own personal, non-commercial use. Any other use of our content requires the prior written permission from us.
- The names, images and logos identifying us or third parties and their products and services are subject to copyright, design rights and trademarks of us and/or third parties.
- The content on our sites is provided for general information only. It is not intended to amount to advice on which you should rely. Although we make reasonable efforts to update the information on our sites, we make no representations, warranties or guarantees, whether expressed or implied, that the content on our sites are accurate, complete or up-to-date.
1.16 COMPETITIONS AND/OR INCENTIVES
- In order to book our services, you will have to create an account. You will log into your online account with the email address that you gave us as part of your registration process. You will be responsible for keeping your account password secure and confidential. You must notify us immediately of any breach of security or unauthorised use of your account that you become aware of.
- You must keep your contact details in your online customer account up-to-date because we use this information to contact you if classes are to be held virtually or are cancelled.
- We have the right to disable any account, at any time, if in our opinion you have failed to comply with any of these terms and conditions.
- As an account holder, you acknowledge that you have read and understand the provisions of the Privacy Notice found on our website and that you agree that we may collect, use, process and disclose your personal information as described.
- Discount codes and / or prizes may be given at the discretion of the business owner by means of an offer, an incentive, or a competition prize.
- There are no alternative prizes or incentives than those offered at the time, and no cash equivalent.
- Prizes cannot be transferred.
- Regarding referral codes:
- Terms where referral incentives are running will be announced at the time a new term booking is announced.
- The discount code may only be given once the referred person has made a booking.
- Referral codes are to be used on subsequent term bookings.
- Only one referral code per person per term that an incentive is running.
- Closing date is midnight on the end date given for each competition.
- Winners of any prize draw competition will be drawn at random from all entries and will be notified within 14 days. Winners agree to the use of their name, social media handle and picture of them in any promotional activity referring to the competition.
- We are not liable if you ignore our recommendation, at any time, to seek medical advice.
- We do not accept liability for any errors and omissions and reserve the right to change information, descriptions and prices of listed packages and services. The trainer will do their best to correct errors and omissions as quickly as practical after being notified of them.
- We do not accept any liability whatsoever for any indirect loss, consequential loss, loss of data, loss of income or profit, loss of damage to property and/or loss from claims of third parties arising out of the use of services purchased from us or any other damage howsoever caused.
- We will not be liable for any loss or damage caused by a virus or other technologically harmful material that may infect your computer equipment, computer programs or data due to your use of our sites or to your downloading of any content on them, or on any website linked to them.
- We may change these terms at any time by posting changes online. Please review these terms regularly to ensure you are aware of any changes made by us. Your continued use of our services after changes are posted means you agree to be legally bound by these terms as updated and/or amended.
- Our failure to enforce any of our rights at any time, for any period and for whatever reason will not be construed as a waiver of such rights; neither will any failure to identify or act upon your breach of the terms of this agreement be deemed to be an affirmation by us that your behaviour is acceptable.
- Except where permitted by this agreement, neither party may alter the terms and conditions without the written agreement of the other party and no written or oral representation by either party will serve to modify or amend these terms and conditions in any way.